The National Workshop on Distribution Transformers (DTR) Monitoring and Failure Analysis (DFAM-2023) is being organized by IIITDMJ in collaboration with the Department of Scientific & Industrial Research, Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India, during 9-10 January 2023.
The purpose of this workshop is to engage with personnel from distribution utilities, transformer manufacturers, research, and academics to deliberate and analyse the issues of distribution transformer failure and monitoring, the scale and impact of this problem, and discuss and disseminate the know how about the possible solutions for reducing the failure rate of distribution transformers.
The workshop aims at triggering a discussion on
mitigating distribution network losses by focusing on
the distribution transformers. It will include various
topics, such as the role of the distribution
transformers in reliable and continuous supply, asset
maintenance strategies for safe, secure, and
continuous operation, advanced monitoring tools,
asset mapping strategies for maximizing asset
visibility, manufacturing standards, maintenance &
repair standards, and software solutions for
enhanced services & record maintenance.
The spectrum of topics in the workshop will be of tremendous importance to the utility personnel, manufacturers, academia, and repair service providers for devising new failure reduction strategies, exploring new transformer design ideas, and policy contributions, and providing cutting-edge repair services
Scope :The scope of this workshop includes but is not limited to:
|Advanced low-cost monitoring tools for distribution transformers.||Analysis of reasons for failure.|
|Smart meters and data collection.||Use of AI/ML tools for failure prediction.|
|Smart augmentation.||Grid modernization.|
|Transformer redesign with safety fuse protection.||Experience sharing.|
Key Attractions :
- The workshop will provide a platform for all stakeholders for sharing their ideas, issues, and concerns over operations and policies.
- A thorough report by IIITDMJ on Distribution Transformers (DTR) failure with recommendations for mitigating the DTR failure losses will be presented for general review and feedback by various stockholders.
- The workshop will provide an excellent networking opportunity to interact with policy makers, manufacturers, field professionals , researchers and academicians from top institutions.
- Panel discussion on the topic "DTR Failure – Role of different stack holders to minimize it to international benchmark".
- All the participants must register online to participate in the workshop. Registration is free for all the participants.
- A free-of-cost registration to a maximum of 50 participants will be allowed in physical mode on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Physical mode participants will be allowed to attend all the sessions and provided a welcome kit, lunch, and high tea during the program.
- The certificate of participation will be provided to all the registered participants.
- Accommodation may be provided to the out-station participants on campus on a chargeable basis.
Expert Speakers :
- Shri Sanjay Bhagwatkar, CGM, Works and O&M, MPPKVVCL Jabalpur
- Shri Shashwat Joshi, SJTech Solutions Private Limited
- Shri Aniruddh Vyas (DGM), Transformer Service Division, BHEL Bhopal
- Dr. Sachin Kumar Jain, Assistant Professor (ECE), IIITDM Jabalpur
- Dr. Vinod Kumar Jain, Assistant Professor (CSE), IIITDM Jabalpur