Memorandum of Association (MOA) of the Institute defines its governance model. Based on the pattern of IITs, the Memorandum envisages the Board of Governors at the highest level. The Chairman of the Board is appointed by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD). The Ministry also appoints
- Two members from educationists / Technologists / Engineers
- Two members from Industrialists and
- One of the Directors of IITs.
Further, besides the Director of the Institute, the Board of Governors also has
- One ex-officio member as a nominee of the Government of Madhya Pradesh
- One nominee of the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
- One nominee of the University Grants Commission (UGC)
- One nominee of a relevant Ministry other than MHRD and
- Two nominees of the Institute Senate.
Registrar of the Institute serves as the ex-officio Secretary of the Board. The day-to-day administration of the Institute is to be looked after by the Director of the Institute and his administrative team comprising of
- The Deputy Director
- The Deans
- The Heads of various disciplines and
- The Registrar.
The academic policy decisions for the Institute are to be taken up by the Senate of the Institute. However, the Institute is still in its infancy with only a few faculty members, who have the major responsibility of sharing the teaching load and implementing a unique undergraduate curriculum of the Institute. No Deputy Director has been appointed yet. Also, since the Institute is envisaged to be a border-less cross-disciplinary place of learning, the existence of separate conventional academic departments has not occurred. In view of promoting the participative administrative governance in the Institute, Institute Administrative Group (IAG) for the General Administration (IAG-GA), operate at present.