Admission for Ph.D. 2015-16(January Session)
List of Selected Candidates for Ph.D. Admission
|Ph.D ECE||Ph.D ME|
|Ph.D CSE||Ph.D Physics|
1. Doctoral Programme (Ph.D.) programmes in
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Natural Science (Physics)
- Natural Science (Mathematics)
Admission Under Visvesvaraya Ph.D Schema 2015-16(January Session)
Special advertisement for admission to the full-time PhD programme under the “Visvesvaraya PhD Scheme for Electronics and IT” sponsored by DeitY, Govt. of India for the Academic year 2015-16.
DeitY has started PhD fellowship scheme under the National Policy on Electronics, Govt. of India for motivated students in the state-of-art Electronic System Design and Manufacturing (ESDM) and IT/IT enabled Services (ITES) research areas. The salient features of the programme are:
1. Full-time PhD programme with fellowship for a maximum period of five years. Fellowship @ Rs. 22,500 per month for 1st and 2nd year, and @ Rs. 25,000 per month for 3rd, 4th, and 5th yr. (This may be revised to Rs. 31250 and Rs 35,000 per month, respectively subjected to confirmation from DeitY)
2. HRA on the above mentioned amount is available to candidates who do not reside in the campus as per government rules.
3. Annual contingency grant @ Rs. 30,000 per year per PhD student.
4. In addition, a PhD candidate under this scheme is eligible to apply for an international travel support of upto Rs. 50000 from DeitY.
Institute invite applications from eligible candidates in the following thrust areas of interdisciplinary research under the above scheme:
Vision and Image processing
Visual Cryptography and Video coding
Wireless and Complex Networking
Microwave and Communication
Signal and Image Processing
Smart Structure and Energy Harvesting
Nonlinear Dynamics and Electro Mechanical Systems
Mechatronics and Robotics
Ad-hoc Wireless Communication Networks
Solid State Physics
Magnetic Thin Films
Soft magnetic materials